Internship – Aeronautical Engineering, Junior or Senior year, 3-6 month.
Project Engineer – Aeronautical or Aerospace, 1-5 years experience in small aircraft, rotorcraft or airships. (We may be hiring soon, please send us your resume.)
Engineering Internship – Structures
This internship position is for a smart young engineer that wants to learn about general aviation alterations, repairs and modifications. By the end of the internship, you will learn engineering for aircraft repairs; fabrication methods of aircraft modification and replacement parts; and gain skills in aircraft detail design, drawing data creation, analysis, and FAA compliance methods. We expect the following:
- Strong analytical skills using conservative methods. Strong grasp of stress and strain including statics, dynamics, solids, strength of materials, energy methods, and the ability to effectively organize calculations. Free Body Diagrams that match calculations are important.
- Design work including optimized structures and mechanical systems for aircraft. Sketching/Drafting – Must be able to effectively draw/sketch parts of aircraft for incorporation into drawings later. Use of AutoCAD 2D for drafting. Solid modeling beneficial. Applicant may perform some prototyping or assembly and should be competent around metal working tools.
- Technical Editing of Engineering documents using MS Word or Open Office. Should have thorough knowledge of Word, Excel, and Photoshop. Tasks include adding figures into documents, scanning figures, incorporating red lines, and editing engineering reports for grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Completed Junior Year in Aerospace, Mechanical, or similar Engineering Degree at an Accredited University.
To apply, please send us a resume or CV with ALL work history, cover letter, and a sample of a quick engineering sketch with “internship” in the header. If you don’t have one, sketch a stapler. Please name file attachments intelligently.
- 3 – 7 years aircraft design, engineering, or manufacturing experience – preferably in small aircraft or aircraft modifications area.
- BS or MS in Engineering (Mechanical / Aerospace / Electrical) from accredited university.
- Must possess good analytical skills primarily through hand analysis techniques, understanding of aircraft structures/systems and their analytical approach – use of MathCAD a plus.
- Good organizational skills and technical writing ability to present complex data to a variety of audiences.
- Technical drawing and sketching ability is required. Must be proficient in AutoCAD 2D, including drawing layout, tolerancing, and attributed blocks, solid modeling experience desirable.
- Pilot and/or A&P experience a plus.
To apply for, or inquire about, any position, submit your resume by mail, fax, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.